Wednesday, January 28, 2009

B&C III - 5

Brian and Christine
Book Three
Saint Jane's
Part 5

“Hello, this is Brain Sims and I’m calling in regard to Christine Flynn. She’s scheduled to enroll in your home there….Well, she’s here with me ready to go….Why don’t you just ell me where you are and I can run her over there….But it would save you the trouble….Maybe, but I’d just like to see that she gets in and settled….Yes, I’m sure but….I know, but….Is this Mother Magda?....We spoke once before, if you remember….So what? So, I think I explained to you at that time that Christy and I had been through a very severe experience together and I feel responsible for her, so I just want to know that she is finally someplace and….That’s what I’m hoping but I just want to make sure she’s okay. You understand?....Well, all right….”

Brian gave her his address.

“We’ll be outside, waiting….Yes….Good bye”

Brian hung up. “I don’t like that woman.”

“I hope she isn’t typical of the whole place” said Wendy.

While they were waiting, Brian made sure Christy had all the appropriate phone numbers logged in to her cell phone and took her number himself.

“There, now you can people. I know they will want to hear from you, so do call them.”

“Okay” she said.

Mrs. Romero came out with a sandwich in a paper bag and gave it to Christy to put in her suitcase.

“Here, child, in case you get hungry.”

“Thank you, ma’am.”

“And I’ll call you tomorrow, after you get settled.”

“Okay. Good.”

Finally, after about a half an hour, they went outside to wait.

“Are you nervous?” asked Brian.

“A little” said Christy.

After a while a black limousine pulled up to the curb and parked. The driver got out and came over to them. “Christine Flynn?” he asked.

“Yup.”

“Come with me.”

“Wait a minute” said Wendy. “How do we know who you are and where you’re from?”

The driver produced some identification from his pocket, a document showing that he was from Saint Jane’s Home For Girls authorized to convey Christine Flynn to the Home as soon as possible, signed by Magda Cirelle, HM..

“All right” said Wendy.

“Why can’t she stay with us and we’ll just follow you?”

“No. Come” said the driver.

“Why not?”

“She must come with me. Come on.”

They walked over to the limo, Brian followed. The driver held the back door open. Christy got in with her suitcases and sat. The driver closed the door and went around to the other side. Christy looked through the window at Brian and smiled.

That was the last smile he would see from her for a long time.



(To be continued.)

5 comments:

Beth said...

Oh no, poor Christy. :(

Interesting that Mother Magda didn't want them coming to the home. What are you hiding, lady? I don't trust her....

B.

Ken Riches said...

No only can they not go, they do not even know where it is. Danger Will Robinson, Danger.

Leigh/BlueDragonfly said...

::shivers:: something just doesn't sound kosher to me....

:) Leigh

Sandra said...

I wouldn't have let her go that way.... there must have been a better way....I hope they at least followed the car

Big Mark 243 said...

There is ABSOLUTLEY NO WAY I would have let Christy go, just none. Esp. the way that they were going about it. Very supscious and not on the freakin' level.