Saturday, March 14, 2009

B&C III - 50

Brian and Christine
Book Three
Saint Jane's
Part 50

Christy spent the weekend with Wendy. When Brian returned to his home he went to sleep quietly for the first in many days. The knot that tied him and Christy together had been chopped at but it wasn’t broken. There had been some growing up on both sides. There were wounds that were still healing. There would be scars. Brian knew that. But he already had scars on his foot where his toes had been and he was still walking. The emotional scars on Christy’s life were not going to prevent her from being the “amazing” child that everyone could see she was.

In the morning Brian called Wendy to discuss some of the wedding details that still had to be worked out. Then he went and found Mrs. Romero to tell her that the wedding would be held there and that there would be a reception afterward. He said “Now, please tell me what you need and who you need to help you and I’ll make sure you have them. I’m going to make up some invitations today so I can let you know about how many people to expect. I don’t know much about these things, so you think about the food and whatever else you think we may need.”

“Oh, yes sir” she said.

“Wendy and I are working out the details now. I’ll have more information for you as we do.”

“Yes, sir.”

“By the way, I think Christy is coming back to stay here soon.”

“How is she?”

“She’s healing.”

“God bless her.”

“Indeed.”

“I’ll tell Juan what’s happening. He’ll be glad.”

“Thank you, Maria.”

Brian left the kitchen. He went to his room, changed and dove with joy into his swimming pool.

Monday evening Wendy and Christy came over. Christy brought a bunch of her things in a canvas bag with a picture of buffalo on it.

“Where did you get that?” Brian asked.

“From Wendy. She got it for me.”

“Well” said Wendy, “she was telling me all about the buffalo she saw and about the pictures she drew of them, when I saw this I thought she should have it.”

“Christy, do you have some new drawings to show me?”

“No. I don’t like my pictures now. They’re ugly.”


(To be continued.)

3 comments:

Ken Riches said...

Hmm, not sure what is up with the artwork, must be linked to the time at the "home".

Big Mark 243 said...

Her ability to get over things is something that kids have ...

I guess her drawing is how she got rid of the bad feelings in her.

Beth said...

I think Christy will be able to "draw" most of that out, and get back to her usual pictures. I sure hope so.

Hugs, Beth